There are several reasons why a bird hits a glass window. Some are mundane, while others might be symbolic.
One primary reason a bird might hit the window is because it sees the sky’s reflection on it. In this case, the bird does this because it thinks it’s a continuation.
Several traditions all over the world give special meaning to this scenario. So, what does it mean when a bird hits your window? Is it bad luck if a bird flies into your window and dies? In this article, we are going to shed more light on these superstitions and spiritual beliefs.
Superstitious Beliefs about Birds Flying into Closed Window
In some cultures, it is a sign of impending doom when a bird hits a window. They believe that this incidence is a warning sign that the person should prepare for difficult days.
Other traditions believe that the bird hitting your window is just a messenger. Some believe the bird carries a goodwill message, while others believe it’s a message of death.
So generally, according to all traditions, a bird hitting your window signifies change. But as we said earlier, a bird hitting your window is a natural occurrence. The bird just sees your window as a continuation of the landscape.
There is no need to fuss and lose sleep over superstitious beliefs, rest. Even if a change is coming, know it is going to be a positive one!
Bird Knocking on Window Spiritual Meaning
A bird pecking at a window has several spiritual meanings. Let’s look into some of them;
1. Impending Transition
Every tradition and culture have this thought that a bird hitting your window means that change is about to occur in your life.
When a bird keeps flying into your window frequently, there are several meanings to it. One of them is that a significant transition is about to happen in your life.
It could also mean your challenges are not yet over. It could also mean the problems are gradually ending, and you need to be patient. Let us use the biblical story of Noah as a standpoint.
From the bible, after the destruction of the world by the flood, Noah sent out a bird. The dove bird went out to look for dry land. Anytime it returns to the ark, it meant that there was no dry land yet, and trouble was still looming. But when it didn’t come back, it was clear that the water had dried out.
2. A Message from Someone in Heaven
Birds are amazing creatures. With their power of flight, they roam the heavens and the earth. When a bird hits your window, it could mean a message from someone in heaven. Mostly someone that is dear to you. Playing close attention to this phenomenon is the key to deciphering the message God has for you.
The ancients believe that birds serve as in-between connecting man and God. They also believe that dead relations can send relevant messages to you on important days. The book of Genesis says that after the creation of the earth, the birds flew across the vast heavens.
3. You Worry Too Much About Finances
Birds can serve as messengers both in dreams and in reality. When a bird flies through your window, it could be a sign of finances. The thought of finances always take too much of your time.
This particular sign could arise both in dreams and in real life. In both cases, they serve as a reminder of God’s ultimate power to supply all your needs.
Just like what Jesus talks about in the Bible. He said, why worry about what you will eat, drink or clothes you will wear? He went on to give an instance using the birds of the sky and how not worried they are. In this particular teaching, Jesus urges you to put your trust in God’s ability to supply all your needs.
4. Death is Looming
In ancient times, when a bird flies into a window, it means that death is knocking at the door. A bird should fly outside in the open air. Different traditions believe it is highly unusual for a bird to fly into the home. Some said it signifies a fleeting life.
These traditions have taken time to observe this particular phenomenon. They believe this impending death is sure, especially if it’s a blackbird. They believe the blackbird means the dark hands of death has come to take a relative.
It is usually advisable not to neglect superstitions, especially ones relating to death. It is best to take precautions and look for a solution.
Superstitious beliefs do not just arise. These are the product of a long period of observation. This observation could be several generations long. Most superstitious beliefs serve as landmarks and guides, put in place to prevent future generations from repeating mistakes.
Different Types of Birds and Their Different Meanings When They Hit the Window
Not all birds pass the same message when they hit your window. The message most times depends on the type of bird.
- Doves: This bird represents purity in the bible. The bird represents good energy and peace. It is the bird sent out by Noah to scout for land. It also describes the right direction and perception. When it hits your window, it is all good news.
- Bluebird: Blue is a joyful color, and this translates to its message. When a bluebird hits your window, expect joyful news and transition.
- Candor: This bird represents an evil omen. Death usually follows this bird’s visit.
- Sparrow: The sparrow is a symbol of good tidings. This bird brings a message of goodwill and liberality, which sometimes symbolizes wealth.
- BlueJay bird: This bird signifies self-assurance. Meaning your confidence needs to improve.
- BlackBirds: Folklore does not agree on blackbirds. Some tradition believes blackbird symbolizes death. Others believe that birds such as the Raven bring security.
- Owl: This bird, with its compound eyes, represents knowledge and vision. In some cases, it could also represent ill health.
What It Means if a Bird Hit Your Window and Following You
- When a bird hits your window and lets itself in, or follows you, do not fright. This message shows a good sign. Most folklore believes supernatural forces are guiding you.
- The bird is protecting you from impending danger, so rest easy. It is usually not an easy thought to process, but chasing off the bird might cause more harm than good.
Do not fright when a bird hits your window. As we’ve broken down in this article, it is not all bad news. In ancient times once a bird flies into your window, death knocks at the door. Now, a bird hitting your window could be a symbol of new beginnings for your health and finances. It is mostly all about perception.
One common rule of thumb when this incidence occurs is taking records. These incidences usually herald a change, a turn-around, or a transition. Taking down the time of this occurrence and the date would go a long way in deciphering the message.