6. Friedrich Chill Series Window Air Conditioner with Heat
View on Amazon
This is an efficient and reliable window air conditioning unit with heating capability from Friedrich. It is notable for its quiet operation, making it a good option for anyone who is sensitive to excessive noise, and it is suitable for spaces up to 350 sq. ft.
Among the positives here are the features it incorporates for improved energy efficiency, including an energy-saving mode. You can also program it to come on and switch off at predetermined times, also helping conserve energy and saving you money.
Like most A/C units, it comes with a remote control for ease of use. We also like the auto-restart feature that keeps your settings if the power goes off, and the washable filter is also a great addition, allowing for simple and inexpensive maintenance.
There few things we don’t like about this unit. We might complain that if you try to change a setting and the remote fails to connect to the unit, it doesn’t tell you, meaning you might think you’ve changed it when, in fact, you haven’t.
Also, it isn’t compatible with smart devices, so you won’t be able to connect with Amazon’s Alexa, for example.
Other than these minor drawbacks, this is an excellent air conditioner. It’s a high-quality unit that represents great value for money, so for anyone looking for a smaller, energy-efficient option, this is one that’s worth considering.
- Quiet operation – among the less noisy options available
- Energy efficient – includes features designed to conserve power
- 24-hour programming – can choose when it comes on and goes off
- Auto-air sweep – ensures consistent air distribution
- Washable filter – for simple, inexpensive maintenance
- Remote doesn’t tell you if setting fails to change – minor design flaw
- Not compatible with smart devices – some people might find it dated
Check Current Price on Amazon